I haven't posted here in quite some time. Havent really had anything I wanted to say. For some reason tonight I feel compelled to write. It has been roughly 5 months since my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer. The days and weeks since have been a blur. They have been filled with lots of time with my family, trying to spend as much time together as possible. I have also spent a lot of time attempting to not think about what will happen when he gets really ill and dies. I guess that is how I get through most days without breaking down and crying. I dont want to waste time today worrying about what may happen in the future. I just want to live in the here and now and enjoy my family.
How do you honor a man who is the apitemy of what a gentleman truely is. How do you honor a man who wants nothing more than to spend time with his family? How do you honor a man who has such grace about him? How do I honor my father?
Those are the questions that i struggle with. All I want is for my father at the end of the day to now that he is who I aspire to be. He is my hero. He is admired by most who have ever met him. He is kind to those he meets. He treats you with respect and dignity. I hope that one day he will look down on me and I will have the love and admiration of my children that he has from his.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment